The Bird of Paradise Strelitzia Strelitzia reginae is a beautiful, exotic flower that is widely grown in the tropics. The flowers are typically brightly colored and can vary in size from small to large. They are also known for their long petals that are feathery and almost looks like an angels wings. There are many reasons why the Bird of Paradise Strelitzia is popular. First and foremost, they are beautiful flowers that can be used in many arrangements. Their long petals make them perfect for creating tall centerpieces or as part of a larger flower bouquet. Additionally, their vibrant colors are sure to add some extra life to any arrangement. Lastly, their lengthy blooming period makes them a popular choice for wedding flowers.
White Bird of Paradise ‘Strelitzia Nicolai’ – 4″ Pot
What would the world be like without birds? We wouldnt have the ability to enjoy a nice sunrise or listen to a songbirds sweet melody. In fact, many plants would go extinct without the help of these flying creatures.Thankfully for us, there are so many different kinds of birds out there that its hard to get tired of viewing them. From the majestic eagle to the diminutive house fly, theres something for everyone in this group.One bird that is particularly interesting is the bird of paradise. This flowering plant grows in parts of Central and South America and has beautiful, vibrant flowers that are often used in floral arrangements.The bird of paradise is an endangered species – meaning it is facing a high risk of extinction in the future. If youre interested in helping preserve this beautiful flower, you can do so by growing some bird of paradise strelitzia plants at home!
- Grows in soil that resembles its natural habitat
- Contains vibrant flowers
- Easy to care for
- The sustainable benefits of growing your own bird of paradise plant includes lowering greenhouse gases and conserving water, with the low water requirements of this particular plant. This is especially important in times where we have to remember conservation by utilizing less water. These beautiful flowers can be used at home or to welcome guests into your home. Try this fun new challenge - learn what it takes to become a bird of paradise expert!
- Pack of three flowering plants
- Reinforced package - The sun will not damage it and soil requirements are minimal
- Multi-coloured flowers span a range of shades
- Saint Louis Zoo Flower Shop branded.
- Bird of paradise flower from the ever-beautiful Strelitzia bird of paradise.
- Reaching up to 10 feet in height, each flower is warm and eye-catching
- Blooms all year (early summer through fall)
- Thrives well in moist environments with heavy shade - though it can handle some sun
- The plants are 3-5 ft tall, easy to grow. Full sun, med-high moisture and low-moderate heat required. Youll need a starting kit!