Rainbow bush Portulacaria are popular for a few reasons. First, they are easy to grow. Second, they make beautiful flowers. Third, they are drought-tolerant and can be grown in a variety of soils. Finally, they are one of the few plants that can self-seed and propagate easily.
Succulent ‘Rainbow Elephant Bush’ – 4″ Pot
57 in stock
Rainbow bush portulacaria (Portulaca oleracea) is a succulent that ranges in color from light pink to deep rose. This easy-to-grow cactus is low maintenance and attractive, making it a popular choice for succulent gardens. The following tips will help you care for your rainbow bush portulacaria.
- Butterflies and hummingbirds love the blooms
- Collect and store rainwater
- The colored flowers in the center of the rosettes can also vary in color throughout the year.
- Portulacarias generally require minimal light, but may appreciate some direct sunlight on occasion to encourage blooming. They dont need to be watered often but they should not
- Succulents are not only easy-to-maintain but can make a statement in a home garden
- Home examples of succulent plants include the purple patty pans of sage and the white and green spines of prickly pear cactus
- Low care requirements
- Attractive range of colors
- Let soil get dry before watering
- Replace your rain barrel every 6-8 weeks
- Watch the plants sun exposure
- Ensure the plant has good drainage; ensure no standing water on leaves, change frequently