Kangaroo Paw Ferns, also known as Indian pappus, have long been popular in gardens for their brightly-colored leaves and stems. The plant is native to North America and grows best in moist, fertile soil with plenty of sunlight. The fern can be propagated from spores or pieces of rhizomes.The ferns popularity is due in part to its attractive foliage and its ability to adapt to a variety of climates. Kangaroo paw ferns grow best in moist soils that are well-drained, but they are also tolerant of partial shade. They do best in temperatures that range from 50 to 80 degrees Fahrenheit, but can tolerate cooler temperatures if they are kept dry.The fern is easy to grow and care for, making it a popular choice for gardeners who want an attractive landscaping plant that is easy to maintain.
Fern ‘Kangaroo Paw’ – 6″ Nursery Pot
40 in stock
Kangaroo Paw Fern (Araucaria araucana) is a tree found in the Australian rainforest. It is a hardy, slow-growing tree that can reach heights of 25-30 feet. The bark is smooth and reddish brown, and the leaves are oval-shaped, 1-2 inches wide, and green on the top and bottom, with a red margin. The flowers are white and look like a kangaroos paw. The Kangaroo Paw Fern is a beautiful tree that can be used to create natural drapes and wall hangings.
- Plant convenience: no soil required
- Brought to you from Australia
- Adds easy coastal style
- *Leaves are soft and flexible, not borderline toxic like the leaves of many other ferns
- Beautiful tree made to create natural drapes and even wall hangings
- Can reach heights of 25-30 feet, making it great for large spaces
- The natural drapes are created by tying the leaves together
- Transform your space with a wall hanging sculpture
- A beautiful foliage color and texture that makes a great wall hanging or drape
- Able to grow in low light and needs only occasional watering
- Grows slowly to provide a unique holiday touch